Accounts Payable Clerk
- Department: Finance and Administration
- Start Date: Oct 24, 2013
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
Working in the Bookstore and Business office, and supervised closely by the Managers of the Bookstore and Special Sales, the incumbent will be responsible for Accounts Payable responsibilities for both divisions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Highly organized and attentive to details for timely payments of Bookstore and Special Sales vendors.
- Demonstrates a professional and adaptable demeanor while interacting with staff, clients and vendors.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Must be able to put together the supporting documents for AP invoices & input them in electronic format.
- Reviews and reconciles monthly vendor statements.
- Requests and maintains vendor W-9 forms.
- Responds to vendor inquiries received by phone, fax or email.
- Must be comfortable alerting Managers to problems or issues needing immediate attention.
- Assists the Managers of Bookstore and Special Sales with related matters as needed
- Must work efficiently both in a team environment and work independently.
- Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- All other related duties as requested.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in high-volume Accounts Payable work strongly preferred.
- Any advanced training a plus.
- Microsoft Office suite, including advanced knowledge of Excel and Word. Must be comfortable learning new software packages. CARS knowledge a plus. Experience with college or university accounts payable systems a plus.
- Must be detail oriented with a strong understanding of numbers and ability to work with spreadsheets.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills and be able to work with a variety of College staff and constituents.
Bank Street College of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, or disability in its employment policies and other college administered programs.