Adjunct Instructor, EDUC 868
- Department: Graduate School of Education
- Start Date: Oct 25, 2013
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
Position Vacancy – Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct course instructor needed to plan, teach and evaluate graduate students' work for a 2-credit course. EDUC 868: Current Topics in Reading and Writing Difficulties in Multicultural Classrooms: Approaches to Decoding Course will meet Thursday 7-9pm for 14 sessions.
The purpose of this course is to explore historical and current theories that frame approaches to decoding / word study in order to determine their effectiveness for individual students. Theories that define Dyslexia or severe reading and writing problems will be studied to better understand connections to programs used for remediation. Students will learn to select, evaluate and adapt instructional materials to meet the needs of variety of learners.
- Clinical experience with elementary school students
- Candidate should be well versed in the theoretical and research literature related to reading and writing difficulties
- Experience teaching adults and evaluating their work
- Doctorate preferred, Masters required course
Start Date Spring Term 2014
Salary Adjunct rate
Bank Street College of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, or disability in its employment policies and other college administered programs.