- Department: Innovation, Policy, and Research
- Start Date: Feb 01, 2014
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
Position Vacancy - Alumni Advisor, Liberty LEADS
Working as a member of the Liberty LEADS team, the Part Time Alumni Adviser will report to the Director. In support of the more than 500 alumni, the Alumni Services Advisor will provide:
Pre Alumni Planning
• Attend events related to current high school juniors, seniors, and alumni (e.g. junior college tour) when appropriate.
• Meet with advisors monthly in group sessions and discuss current students’ needs and interventions
Alumni College Prep services
• Assist program alumni who choose to transfer between colleges or for non-traditional aged students who choose to apply to college.
• Work with college liaisons to obtain attendance and grade data to ensure alumni are progressing in college
• Arrange college visits and interviews per student interest for alumni.
• Report on alumni college acceptances, decisions, and transfers.
• Attend monthly College Access Consortium of New York (CACNY) meetings.
• Provide assistance for college students with the financial aid renewal process.
• Act as liaison between Liberty LEADS alumni, current students and Bank Street College.
• Research a wide variety of career development and placement programs; collect up-to-date internship and vocational program information; update and maintain resources and files.
• Assist students with internship application process
• Create and maintain partnerships with various employers and internship programs.
• Work with Advisory Board to conduct outreach and event planning activities
• Organize several events to be held during traditional college vacations focusing on professional development, networking opportunities, internship information dissemination and opportunities to engage current students in discussions on the college process.
• Coordinate three annual events: Winter Conference and Spring Dinner and Cookout.
• Implement structure of mentoring program
• Create by-monthly activities for mentor pairs
• Encourage alumni to engage in volunteer activities with the current students
• Conduct evaluation of mentor pair at close of program year.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Maintain and update student and program data for evaluative purposes.
• Assist in the preparation of reports to New York State Education Department and other funders.
• Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Masters in Education or Special Education Preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Familiarity with college and university application and transfer processes
Bank Street College of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, or disability in its employment policies and other college administered programs.