Assistant Teachers, Middle School (Grades 1-4)
- Department: School for Children
- Start Date: Sep 01, 2014
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
Position Vacancy - Assistant Teachers, Middle School (Grades 1-4)
1. Must be enrolled as a graduate student at Bank Street College and in supervised fieldwork for the 2014-15 school year.
2. Bachelor’s degree
3. Experience teaching elementary aged children preferred.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The assistant teacher will:
• Support the curriculum plans of the cooperating teacher, have opportunities to initiate and implement parts of the curriculum, and gradually assume increased responsibilities
• Develop skills in working with individual children, small groups and the entire class• Develop skills and confidence in working with families
Work with Environment and Materials
The assistant teacher is responsible for helping to design, organize and maintain a materials-based classroom that reflects the curriculum and current work of the children.
STARTING DATE: September 1, 2014
Bank Street College of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, or disability in its employment policies and other college administered programs.