Bookstore Salesperson/Cashier (Temporary Full-Time)
Position Vacancy – Bookstore Salesperson/Cashier (Temporary Full-Time)
Under direct supervision from the Manager of Bank Street Bookstore, this Bookseller is responsible for assisting customers; cash register activity; maintenance of bookstore sections; and keeping current on children’s books and educational literature.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide customer service in-store, over the phone and online.
- Conducts informed reference interviews with customers to determine specific needs.
- Researches, recommends and locates appropriate titles, using in-store inventory system and online resources.
- Places special orders on behalf of customers.
- Performs cashiering and check-out functions alone or as a team member.
- Ongoing restocking and maintenance of sections and category displays.
- Off-site sales work when needed.
- Assists at special events when needed.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Participates in annual physical inventory.
- All additional duties as related to the position.
- Good knowledge of children’s literature.
- Experience working in bookstores.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Facility with bookstore inventory software.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds and navigate in-store staircase.
- Must work some evenings, weekends and holiday periods.
Start Date Immediately
Salary Commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter and resume to: