Clerk, Central Services
- Department: Finance and Administration
- Start Date: Oct 07, 2013
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
Position Vacancy – Clerk, Central Services
Under the supervision of the Central Services Supervisor, the CS/Clerk provides a variety of support, clerical and relief services to the College at all its locations.
This position is part time at 22.5 hours per week.
- Sorting and distributing of the daily incoming and outgoing mail which includes coordinating intra-building courier services.
- Assists in handling, processing and distributing of all incoming mail, faxes, and packages from in-house carrier and other carriers such as UPS, Fed Ex, DHL, etc.
- Logs and tracks all packages received and sent by special couriers such as UPS, Fed Ex, DHL, etc.
- Prepares outgoing mail by use of postage scale, chart, and/or meter, etc.
- Prepares afternoon mail to be delivered to post office with courier.
- Assists in the data entry of postage and supplies, types invoices and other related material.
- Assists in the instructions, use, and maintenance of all copier machines.
- Assists with upkeep of copiers, fax, and binding machines.
- Makes copies for staff (posters, binds booklets and folds) when required by the requester.
- Tracks supplies such as paper and toners stored in Central Services.
- Provides support and relief for all aspects of Central Services duties including front desk relief.
- All other duties related to the position.
- High School graduate or GED. One year prior experience in similar function a plus.
- Notary License and/or Security training a plus.
- Data entry and typing skills needed.
- Must be able to read and follow directions in writing and verbally.
Bank Street College of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, or disability in its employment policies and other college administered programs.