Help Desk Technician
Position Vacancy -Help Desk Technician
The Help Desk Technician is expected to respond to the College’s Help Desk activities as part of a team comprised of three full time staff dedicated to Help Desk Support. He/She must perform a variety of complicated tasks, including level 1 and level 2 Help Desk Support . The Help Desk Technician must establish and maintain a service oriented culture within IT as it relates to Help Desk activities.
- Respond to Help Desk tickets
- Problem diagnosis and resolution
- Computer hardware/software repair and maintenance
- Network and email account creation and termination
- PC/MAC computer image creation, update, and maintenance
- Customer follow up, displaying experience in implementing and supporting help desk tools.
- Other projects and duties as requested by the Infrastructure Communications Manager.
Education and/or Experience:
Working toward a bachelor degree preferred in the field of computer science or equivalent in education and training or a minimum of 1+ year equivalent work experience. Experience in higher education a plus.
The Help Desk Technician will rely on previous experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A degree of creativity and latitude will be given as the incumbent is expected to continually evolve the help desk to support the needs of the College. Familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures including ITIL methodologies is necessary.
- Ability to multi-task projects and workload efficiently.
- Maintain keen attention to detail and prioritize in a fast paced high demand environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed and flexible.
- Eager and willing to learn new technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences.
- Strong customer service skills.
Start Date Immediately
Salary Hourly Rate, Commensurate with experience