Infant/Toddler Assistant Teacher
- Department: Family Center
- Start Date: Apr 30, 2014
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
Position Vacancy - Infant/Toddler Assistant Teacher
- Working toward a Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree in Early Childhood Education or Special Education.
- Experience with toddlers and preschoolers
- Strong interest in the development of young children and their families
- NYS Assistant Teacher Certification required.
Functions and Responsibilities
Work with Children: Work with up to 12 children in an inclusionary, mixed age group of children ranging from 6-36 months in a day care setting. Provide loving, attentive care to children, under the supervision of a Head Teacher. Responsible for the development and implementation of curriculum.
Work with Parents: Communicate and interact with parents. Participate in parent/teacher conferences and parent meetings. Also responsible for writing parent-teacher conference reports and educational progress reports.
Work with Staff: Work cooperatively with the Head Teacher, Therapists, a Bank Street College Intern, and graduate students in training.
Bank Street College of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, or disability in its employment policies and other college administered programs.