Payroll Administration and General Accounting
- Department: Finance and Administration
- Start Date: Sep 20, 2013
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
Position Vacancy - Payroll Administration and General Accounting
Working closely with the Associate Controller, the incumbent processes a payroll of approximately 560 full and part time employees of the College.
- Processes and prepares monthly and bi-weekly payrolls.
- Creates and imports files to the Ceridian system.
- Inputs all changes, updates the direct deposit information and withholding allowances into the Ceridian System.
- Reconciles taxes and all benefit deductions.
- Answers inquiries.
- Assists at In-House Registration.
- General accounting as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of three (3) years experience in payroll and general accounting work preferred
- (Or the equivalent in education, experience and training)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Any advanced training a plus
- Microsoft Office Suite including advance knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Ceridian and CARS knowledge a plus.
- Previous work experience with college or university payroll systems a plus.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills and be able to work with a variety of College staff and constituents.
Bank Street College of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, or disability in its employment policies and other college administered programs.