Preschool Assistant Teacher, Family Center
Position Vacancy - Pre-School Assistant Teacher, Family Center
- Working toward a Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree in Early Childhood Education or Special Education
- Experience with toddlers and preschoolers
- Strong interest in the development of young children and their families
- NYS Assistant Teacher Certification required
Work with Children:
- Work with 15 or 16 children in an inclusionary, preschool children childcare setting.
- Provide loving, attentive care to children, under the supervision of a Head Teacher.
- Responsible for the development of curriculum.
Work with Parents:
Communicate and interact with parents. Participate in parent/teacher conferences and parent meetings. Also responsible for writing parent-teacher conference reports and educational progress reports.
Work with Staff:
Work cooperatively with the Head Teacher, Therapists, a Bank Street College Intern, and graduate students in training.
Start Date September 2013
Salary Commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Mary Ellen Markman
Director of the Family Center
Bank Street College of Education
610 West 112 Street
New York, NY 10025