- Department: Graduate School of Education
- Start Date: Sep 01, 2014
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
Position Vacancy - Psycho-educational Specialist
- Provide onsite consultation to early childhood and early elementary school programs on implementation of ERP process and techniques.
- Facilitate support groups for teachers, social workers and administrators in early childhood and early grade programs.
- Provide group intervention in early childhood and early grades settings, including communities with children who have experienced trauma.
- Facilitate parent support groups in early childhood and early grade settings, including communities with parents who have experienced trauma.
- Provide professional development on Emotionally Responsive Practice, to small and large groups of early childhood and early grade teachers, administrators and social workers.
- Attend ERP staff meetings and supervision as needed.
- Provide consultation on use of Emotionally Responsive Literacy in collaboration classrooms.
- Expertise in child development.
- Advanced degree in education or special education with clinical supervision/training in ERP
- Alternatively, masters or doctorate degree in social work, psychology. or child development for similar position.
- Experience working collaboratively in early childhood programs or public elementary school grades with teachers, mental health staff and administrators preferred.
Bank Street College of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, or disability in its employment policies and other college administered programs.