May 02

Volunteer Tutoring Opportunity for Alumni

Posted by BSCAA in The Alumni Blog on May 02, 2013

Bank Street Graduate School Alumni: are you an excellent writer? Would you like to give back to Bank Street? Do you live within commuting distance of the college? The graduate school writing assistance program needs you!

Bank Street Graduate School is seeking alumni who are excellent writers to serve as volunteer tutors for current grad students with writing challenges.

You must be able to attend three 3-hour training sessions in October 2013, and work face-to-face with a student for at least one hour per week during the academic year.

From a second-year tutor: “The hard-working and hard-studying students allowed me the opportunity to open windows into their personal and academic thinking, translate their lives and learning into their academic papers, and trust me with their struggles to express themselves using the written word. Not only was I touched by our mutually cooperative working relationships, but I was reconnected to my own hopes and visions for the education of adults and the children they will teach.”

For further information and application, please contact Rena Rice, program director, at renarice@bankstreet.edu.

tagged writer, writing assistance program
blog comments powered by Disqus