Welcome to Bank Street College This login is for Staff only to access
Work Orders Management, Room Reservation, and E-Timesheets.
Supervised Fieldwork Advisor; Course Instructor
Some of the Values that Shape My Work
It all begins with respect for the uniqueness of every child. Added to that is a strengths-based approach. I feel that as an educator, you must use a child’s interests and abilities to help develop the areas that are difficult for that child. In my work with graduate students in the field of education, I try to share the delight and enthusiasm I feel for working with young children. Teaching is a noble profession. I feel so fortunate to have been a teacher of young children, and now, a teacher of adults who care about young children, as I do.
Work with Families, Children, Schools, and Communities
- Taught for 25 years in the Mamaroneck UFSD in Westchester County, NY
- Preschool teacher for children with special needs
- Co-founded the first public school class for children on the autism spectrum in Westchester County (pre-K, K-2)
Recent Professional Contributions
I consult with families and schools who need information about autism spectrum disorders. I am a member of the Faculty Advisory Committee (FAC).
- M.A., Early Childhood Special Education, Teachers College, Columbia University
- B.A., English Literature, Barnard College