Welcome to Bank Street College This login is for Staff only to access
Work Orders Management, Room Reservation, and E-Timesheets.
Supervised Fieldwork Advisor; Course Instructor
Early childhood special education, in particular, students with autism spectrum disorder
Some of the Values that Shape My Work
It all begins with respect for the uniqueness of every child. Added to that is a strengths-based approach. I feel that as an educator, you must use a child’s interests and abilities to help develop the areas that are difficult for that child. In my work with graduate students in the field of education, I try to share the delight and enthusiasm I feel for working with young children. Teaching is a noble profession. I feel so fortunate to have been a teacher of young children, and now, a teacher of adults who care about young children, as I do.
Work with Families, Children, Schools, and Communities
- Taught for 25 years in the Mamaroneck UFSD in Westchester County, NY
- Preschool teacher for children with special needs
- Co-founded the first public school class for children on the autism spectrum in Westchester County (pre-K, K-2)
Recent Professional Contributions
I consult with families and schools who need information about autism spectrum disorders.
- M.A., Early Childhood Special Education, Teachers College, Columbia University
- B.A., English Literature, Barnard College