Welcome to Bank Street College This login is for Staff only to access
Work Orders Management, Room Reservation, and E-Timesheets.
Supervised Fieldwork Advisor; Course Instructor
Early childhood education Family support Family-school-community partnerships Home-based child care Parenting education
Some of the Values that Shape My Work
- The goal of education is to prepare children to become contributing members of a democratic society.
- Teachers and schools must form partnerships with families in order to serve the best interests of the child.
- Every child can learn.
- Teaching is a moral endeavor.
- We need to understand and support children’s social, emotional, cognitive and physical development.
- Children construct knowledge through their interactions with their peers, adults, and the material world around them.
Work with Families, Children, Schools, and Communities
Director of public and private not-for-profit early childhood centers; co-developer, The Child Care Assessment Tool for Relatives (CCATR), an instrument to measure quality in home-based, license-exempt child care; numerous national and international conference presentations, workshops, and training in early childhood education, family support, and home-based child care.
Recent Professional Contributions
Early childhood and childhood fieldwork advisement; instruct Family, Child, and Teacher Interaction course; direct Graduate School Writing Assistance Program; member of Faculty Advisory Committee and IMP committee; organizing committee of Bank Street forum on teacher and leader evaluation; member of NAEYC; conducted workshop on working with families for Kingsborough Community College Child Development Center.
- M.S.Ed., Early Childhood and Elementary Education, Bank Street College of Education
- B.A., English Literature, Barnard College of Columbia University
Selected Publications and Presentations
Rice, R. (Ed.). (2005). Perspectives on family, friends and neighbor child care: Research, programs and policy: Occasional paper series 15. New York: Bank Street College of Education.