What We Do
Bank Street is uniquely structured as an educational institution comprised of:
- an independent School for Children, infant-8th grade (500 children);
- a Graduate School of Education (more than 800 master's degree candidates);
- a research and policy initiative, Innovation, Policy & Research;
- a Head Start Center with 60 children from low-income families;
- Liberty LEADS, a high school college readiness and dropout prevention program serving at-risk students;
- a scholarly publication, Occasional Paper Series;
- Bank Street Online, extending our reach to serve full and part-time graduate students wherever they live and work;
- Family Center Services & Childcare, for children 6 months to 4 years of age;
- Professional Development, providing continuing studies for parents, teachers, and districts.
While all legal authority for the College rests with the Board of Trustees, Bank Street has a strong commitment to “shared governance,” the concept that faculty and staff are engaged when it comes to the setting of priorities and direction. This is clearly expressed in Staff Council and in the College By-Laws (pdf).