The Job Chart
Getting off to a good start...
One of the first charts we make together is our Before Morning Meeting (or Arrival Activities) chart. It reminds the children of their morning responsibilities.
- Hang up your coat and book bag;
- Put your homework in the homework box;
- Hang your apple name tag on the tree;
- Check the Job Chart;
- Answer the graph question;
- Choose among five arrival activities.
Having a clearly defined structure with choices built into that structure enables children to function independently and productively, no matter what time they arrive. It also allows me time to chat with children and record their News-of-the-Day.