Frequently Asked Questions
How do I list a job opening with the Career Services Office?
We are excited to announce the launch of our new career service's website at https://www.myinterfase.com/bankstreet/employer/
Created with you in mind, this new site provides participating employers with the ability to:
- Visit one centralized online location to post and manage an unlimited number of jobs
- Set parameters for your job openings
- Receive email reminders when a student applies for jobs and when a posting is about to expire
- Conduct a student search for qualified applicants
- Register online for career events like career fairs
- Much more!
This new service is available now so please check out the Employer Guide and begin using the new system today. Thank you for your time and continued support in helping to make this a huge success!
Tutoring and Childcare
Are you looking to hire a Bank Street student or alum to do part-time childcare or tutoring? Visit our new online automated system to post your listing at
Can anyone has access to CareerConnect?
- No. CareerConnectis only available to all Bank Street College matriculated students and alumni. https://www.myinterfase.com/bankstreet/student/
What is a reference file, and how do I start one?
- A reference file is a file consisting of references, a cover sheet, an authorization form and a resume. It's a convenient place to keep all your references together, and is very helpful during the job search.
- Students are encouraged to start a file while they are still in SFW/A. You can pick up the necessary forms in the Career Services Office or download them.
- Reference files are never confidential. Students may have access to all information within their file.
How do I have my file sent to prospective employers?
- Once a file is established, the Career Services Office will send out your references to prospective employers upon request.
- We will send five sets free of charge, after which we charge a fee of $2.50 per request.
- All requests should be made in writing.
- Your reference file can be updated anytime throughout your career.
Is there someone I can speak with about my resume and the job search process?
- Yes, Susan Levine is available to meet with Bank Street students and alumni on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Resume and interview skills workshops are offered in small groups throughout the year; check the list of upcoming events.
What kinds of reference material do you have available to students?
- The Career Services Office has several books on writing resumes and cover letters, as well as sample resumes and cover letters from current students and graduates.
Lists of New York public and private schools, Westchester and Nassau county schools, New Jersey schools, special education settings, museums are also available to assist you during your job search. Students can also request individualized lists of specific school information by geographic location or field of interest. Students and alumni who wish to contact alumni for information on their career fields of geographic areas may request a list from the Career Services Office; this service is especially helpful for those who wish to relocate outside the New York area.