Numbers, Passwords, & Library Barcodes
Library staff are often asked which numbers and passwords to use for copiers, checking out books, EReserves, and using databases from home. Here's a small primer on which numbers to use for specific tasks.
You will need a 14 digit Library barcode to:
How Do I Get One?
Go to the Library on the fifth floor with your Student ID, and ask for a barcode at the circulation desk. If you still need assistance:
- Contact the Director of Library Services Kristin Freda 212-875-4458 during the week
- Call the Reference Desk 212-875-4456 on Saturdays.
Copiers / Printers
- Your user name is the first part of your bankstreet.edu email address (everything before @).
- The password is your six digit Bank Street student ID (found on the front of your ID card). Faculty and staff please use the six digit number on the back of your ID.
- Although scanning to a USB flash drive is free, you still need to activate the copier by tapping the card reader with your Bank Street ID.
- For more help visit the following pages:
- My Bankstreet
Contact your course instructor for the password. View the following screencast for help accessing an EReserves document.
- You will need a 14 digit Library barcode to access an eBook from outside the College.
- If you want to download a chapter (60 pages at anyone time) you will need to create an ebrary account.
- If you want to download an entire eBook (the lending period is 14 days) you will need to create an ebrary account, download Adobe Digital Editions, and have an Adobe ID.