Pre-Kindergarten Summer Institute
This three-day professional development series, a partnership between Bank Street College and the New York City Department of Education, is designed to advance best practices in prekindergarten teaching and learning. This program incorporates the New York State Prekindergarten Foundation for the Common Core and principles of emotionally responsive practice and will prepare educators to:
- Welcome children and families to the classroom environment
- Implement a developmentally sound and safe early childhood classroom curriculum
- Help all children experience success in school with particular attention to children with a wide developmental range including children with a disability
- Establish a safe and familiar environment for the children from diverse cultural and language backgrounds
- Engage in reflective practice to promote instruction and student performance
Pre-K Summer Institute attendance is crucial for understanding how to develop a high quality prekindergarten learning environment.
To complete your registration process and ensure your participation in the Pre-K Summer Institute, please click on the Event Registration Tab and answer all the questions which are all required fields.
Participants should register to attend only one of the following sessions: