Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential
The Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential Program offered by Bank Street’s Professional Development Office is part of a national effort to forge a framework for high quality early childhood education and to create a community of learners. We are pleased to announce that starting in 2013, the program will also be offered in Spanish.
Candidates for the credential will take the following course work:
- Child Development Birth Through Five
- Observing and Recording the Behavior of Young Children
- Integrated Curriculum and Learning Environment
- Forming Relationships: Parent and Family Engagement, Program Management, and Professionalism
Advisement: Each CDA candidate works closely with an advisor in integrating knowledge, goals, insights, and experiences.
Internship: Candidates complete their internship in their early childhood setting. Site placement is provided when necessary to gain first-hand experience as a lead teacher/caregiver of young children.
Bank Street’s Child Development Associate credential features:
- An approach that strengthens the knowledge base of early childhood professionals while modeling inquiry-based learning;
- A multidisciplinary approach that covers all dimensions of child development from birth through age five, within the context of family, culture, and community;
- A focus on early learning guidelines and standards;
- A relationship-based approach to working with children and families;
- A focus on self-reflection to build practical skills and professional self-awareness;
- Small classes and close relationships among faculty and students;
- A faculty known for excellence in teaching and community engagement on behalf of children and families.
Enhance your career. Obtain a Child Development Associate Credential.