To utilize technology in order to improve internal and external communication with all constituents.
Learning about and encouraging communication among people underlies everything we do at Bank Street. The School for Children is committed to ensuring that technology facilitates the transmission of important information among all members of the school community. At the same time, we recognize the opportunity technology provides us to be more environmentally conscious and reduce our consumption of resources, in particular, paper.
- The College recently undertook a large-scale website redesign, which has resulted in an improved web presence that more accurately reflects the School For Children. Improved calendar functions, refreshed and up-to-date content, and clearer navigation are just some of the features of the website.
- The SFC has begun and will continue to provide secure access to classroom web pages to students and their families.
- The School For Children is implementing and will use InRESONANCE, a web based, customizable information management system. This allows for secure and efficient access to student biographical and school information. It includes a class scheduling matrix, attendance records, and an improved admissions and financial aid database. Through a secure online portal, family members will have access to progress reports, online forms, the school directory, and other important information. • The College has transitioned to Google Apps for Education in order to facilitate effective and timely communication, increase file storage space for faculty, and allow for easier digital collaboration within the school community.
- Katie Peshut, formerly the Assistant to the Dean, has assumed the new title of Director of Communications, with her primary responsibilities being to utilize these new technology tools (the website, inRESONANCE, and Google Apps for Education) to help meet the community’s communication goals.
- The School for Children will participate in annual audits that evaluate our methods of school-wide communications, both internally and externally.