All College May 7, 3:30 pm
Co-Chair Position Open!
Arianne Kailas’ term as Staff Council co-chair is coming to an end, and Caitlin Terry will continue her term through June 2015. Staff Council seeks a co-chair to serve through June 2016. Please contact Arianne or Caitlin to apply or ask any questions.
Qualifications & Procedure
- Any member of the Staff may serve as co-chair! Previous Staff Council experience is useful but not required
- Email a short professional bio and your reasons for wanting to serve to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join Staff Council representatives on June 2 for a brief interview, and Staff Council will vote later that day
Blood Drive May 1
Staff Council is hosting a Blood Drive on Thursday, May 1st, from 11:30 am-5:30 pm. The drive will be held in a bus parked outside of our 112th St building.
You can make a donation appointment online, or do so in person at Arianne Kailas' office (room 208 in the main building). Click here to view a testament to the importance of blood donation. If you have any questions about your eligibility to donate, please call 1-800-688-0900.
- Monthly meetings have included:
- A visit from the current and incoming Board Chair to discuss the Presidential Search
- An Open Door discussion about Bank Street’s budget
- Conversations about every issue facing Bank Street’s staff this year
- All-College Meetings:
- The September All-College was the community’s first opportunity to share feedback and ask questions about the Presidential Search
- The December All-College shared good news updates about the College and showed the graduate school’s inspiring new video
- Topic Tables:
- The November Topic Table collected over 200 signatures to further our agenda of protecting children from gun violence
- The December Topic Table raised awareness of World AIDS Day and shared valuable resources for children and adults about AIDS and HIV
- Other Highlights:
- Ann Cox received the Outstanding Service Award
- Along with CPS, we screened Girl Rising and held a panel discussion about challenges to girls’ access to education
- The Blood Drive surpassed our goal for collecting pints of blood to save lives
- Staff-wide Pilates kept participants limber
- The Holiday Party sent off Jon Snyder in good spirits
The Outstanding Service Award
Congratulations to Ann Cox, winner of the Fall 2013 Outstanding Service Award!
Staff Council Leadership
Co-Chairs (2 year terms)
Arianne Kailas (2012-2014) x4561
Caitlin Terry (2013-2015) x3331
Staff Associate Trustees (3 year terms)
Matt Borgmeyer (2011-2014) email@example.com
Mollie Welsh Kruger (2013-2016) x4549
Staff Council is a great opportunity to increase your involvement in the Bank Street community. Please contact your co-chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested or have any questions about joining Staff Council.
Questions or Concerns?
Please use this anonymous form to submit feedback or suggestions to Staff Council: Staff Council Suggestion Form.
All College Meetings
From 3:30-4:30 in the Tabas Auditorium
Friday, September 27
Wednesday, December 11
Friday, February 21
Wednesday, May 7
Join Staff Council leadership from 3:00-3:30 or 3:30-4:00 for open door time to discuss questions, share ideas, or provide feedback
Staff Council Meetings
From 3:00-4:15 in Room 706
Monday, September 9th
Monday, October 7th
Monday, November 4th
Monday, December 2nd
Monday, January 6th
Monday, February 3rd
Monday, March 3rd
Monday, April 7th
Monday, May 5th
Monday, June 2nd