How do you apply to be a Camp Counselor?
There are three phases each applicant must go through before becoming a Camp Counselor at Bank Street. (Please use Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer to open the following pdf files)
If you are interested in working at the camp this summer please email us your resume and then become familiar with the camp via the website and the Staff Letter linked below.
- You must email your resume to email@example.com
- You must read the Letter to Staff (PDF) 410 KB.
Once we have had a chance to review your resume, we will let you know if we would like to meet you. After your interview, you will need to fill out both the Application for Employment and a Background Check (PDF) 151 KB in person. If you would like, you can fill it out a head of time and simply sign it when you come in.
- We will call you to schedule an interview.
- When you come in, you will have to fill out an Application for Employment and a Background Check (PDF) 151 KB. So be sure you know your social security number, your academic employment experience, non-academic employment experience, references, and previous addresses you have lived at, as well as all phone numbers and dates pertaining to each. If you would like, you can fill out a head of time and simply sign it when you come in.
You Are Now a Counselor!
Unfortunately, the paper work does not stop here. Please read, fill out and bring in the following three forms.
- Staff Medical Form 1 (PDF) 2.4 MB As long as you are over 18, you can fill out this form by yourself.
- Staff Medical Form 2 (PDF) 87 KB To be filled out by doctor.
- Staff Packet (PDF) 527 KB. Please read it, sign it and bring a copy to the camp office.
- Lastly we will give you the Casual Policy packet. Please fill it out, copy it twice and bring one copy to our office and one copy to Human Resources.
- Background Check (PDF) 151 KB which is on the last page of the following form. Click here.
- W4 (PDF) 103 KB
- I9 (PDF) 463 KB
- State ID
- Your actual Social Security Card (passports are not sufficient substitutions)
- Copy of Casual Policy packet
Need More Info?
For more information or to apply for a position as a counselor at camp, please email either Cookie Shapiro or Dylan Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 212.875.4705